My goal is to provide the highest quality medical care and service, emphasizing a proactive, comprehensive approach to both disease prevention and wellness. These services will be provided in a relaxed, and yet professional setting. From the moment you enter my office, I want you to be completely satisfied with every aspect of your care.
In my concierge medicine practice, I will be able to focus on a patient’s overall healthcare needs, not just their endocrine issues. I will evaluate a patient’s full medical profile and symptomology to best treat the whole person…mind, body and spirit. The size of my practice is limited so I can devote more time to each patient. This practice change allows me to schedule up to 30 minutes for routine appointments and approximately 60 minutes for the annual exam. Appointments will start promptly, and I will be able to spend more time with you. If a problem requires extra time for evaluation, I will reasonably accommodate you to the best of my ability. Also, our communication will be enhanced though a patient-dedicated cell phone and email.
Yes. My medical practice will not take the place of general health insurance coverage. My practice is a primary care concierge medical practice, not a health insurance program. You are advised to continue your PPO, Medicare or other insurance program as well as participation in your FSA or HSA plan.
Because I have been practicing in the Petaluma area since 1998, I have a broad knowledge of local and regional surgical and medical subspecialty expertise in our area. Should you desire, I am available to help you decide which specialist to see and to coordinate such consultations. In this way the most appropriate resource is used, the earliest arrangements are made, and your applicable medical information is sent in advance of your specialist visit.
Yes. Paying your annual fee allows you to be a member of my practice whether you are sick or well. I strongly encourage you to utilize the benefits offered, regardless of your state of health, to proactively safeguard your health.
- Private Practice, Endocrinology, Petaluma, CA, 1998-Present
- Staff Physician, Petaluma Valley Hospital, Petaluma, CA 1998-2007; Consulting Physician 2007-Present
- Staff Physician, Novato Community Hospital, Novato, CA 1999-2002; Courtesy Staff 2014-Present
- Associate Professor, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 1994-1998
- Assistant Professor, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 1988-1994
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 1988
- Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine, 1982; Subspecialty Board in Endocrinology, 1985
- Endocrinology Fellowship, University of California, San Francisco, 1982-1985
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Barnes Hospital Washington University, St. Louis, 1979-1982
- MD, Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, 1975-1979
- BA, Austin College, Sherman, TX, 1971-1975
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Clinical Investigator Award, National Institutes of Health, 1987-1992
- Recipient, National Research Service Award, National Institutes of Health, 1985-1987